When buying a shed many people often ask what flooring options are available with the sheds. Most professionals will recommend you lay a concrete slab to build your garden shed on however, it’s not always an option. For example, if you are renting or don’t have enough access to your property for a mixer truck. Luckily there are other flooring options for the base of your garden shed.
At Cheap Sheds we have two recommended options other than concrete:
1. Steel floor kits
2. Timber floor kits
So let’s get started …
Steel Floor Kits
These steel flooring kits offer an attractive option to customers who are looking for a solution that elevates their shed off the ground, however, is not as permanent as a concrete slab.
Here are the benefits of choosing this option:
- Steel lasts for a lifetime
- You will never have issues with rot or termites
- Steel kits can be moved around easily and offer a cost-effective flooring option
- These kits are quick and easy to put together
We even have a step-by-step ‘how to’ video on assembling the kit that you are welcomed to check out to see for yourself how easy they are constructed.
Please watch the video below:
Timber Floor Kits
The second option available to you is Timber floor kits. You can find an easy design online as all you need is a base and floorboards. However, be sure to take the shed rebate into account which is usually in your manual.
Absco’s Timber floor kits
Absco timber floor kits are available with Absco sheds and made out of good quality timber. It is considered to be the environmentally friendly option because it is made from 100% Australian renewable plantation grown timber.
Here are the benefits of choosing this option if you have an Absco shed:
- This flooring kit elevates the shed higher than the ground to prevent water from seeping under
- It can be used as a temporary flooring solution or can be set as a permanent floor
- The timber is pre-treated giving continued protection from fungal, decomposition and pests
- The kit can be painted or stained to give it a personal touch
- It is a multipurpose product that you can utilise indoors, outdoors, above or underground and even with immediate proximity to salt or fresh water
- It is easy to assemble as it is cut to length and all screws are included
A single pack contains pre-cut and pre-measured timber floor suitable for a shed measuring 1520mm x 780mm.
|Shed Size||# of Packs Required|
|1520 x 780||
|1520 x 1520||
|2260 x 1520||
|3000 x 1520||
|3000 x 2260||
|3000 x 3000||
|4480 x 3000||
|6000 x 3000||
Stilla Timber Sheds
Stilla timber sheds are not complete without a matching timber floor kit.
When purchasing one of these branded sheds you can add a timber floor to your shed kit. They offer a rebated timber floor which is a great substitution for a concrete slab.
As an alternative, if you have a very uneven surface to build your shed on, you can opt for a Heavy Duty Floor Kit. These provide you a base and frame to use to level your shed before adding a floor and the shed.
And that’s it for your alternative foundation options!
To find out more about these awesome floor kit options visit Cheap Sheds Floor Kits
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or call our team.