Here is the recording of the conversation:
I have also arranged for the recording to be transcribed for those that prefer to read instead of watching the video, so here you go: 🙂
1. How would you introduce Spanbilt products to Cheap Sheds customers who are
looking at buying a shed, carport, garage, pool pump cover, or aviary? And why should our
customers choose an Australian made Spanbilt product?
Spanbilt is a leading Australasian manufacturer of a wide range of
outdoor storage solutions. We have a number of market-leading brands such as
“YARDSAVER” and we span a lot of categories including garden sheds, bird aviaries,
workshops, carports, and garages. All are high quality and offer great value for
The Spanbilt purpose is “Quality affordable storage solutions, designed
and built for life.” And supported by our core focus which is a “Great
experience every time for every customer.”
As an Australian manufacturer who supplies your customers all around the country
we need to ensure that our products comply with all Local Building Authority Regulations
and Requirements that often vary state by state and even by shire within each region such as cyclonic zones for example.
In addition to manufacturing our quality products, we use only materials that have been independently tested and are proven to withstand the unique environmental
challenges that Australia presents unlike many of the imported products
What this means for your customer is that they can purchase a Spanbilt
manufactured garden product right from a small garden shed right through to a giant triple
garage and not only have the confidence they are getting a product that will last
but that the buildings have the engineering documentation and certificates required
for local authority building applications all at no extra cost in most areas around Australia.
Things your customers need to consider when purchasing especially larger
buildings like carports and garages are what is necessary to comply with the local
council or building territory or even the estate convergence in their area.
What is the wind zone I am in? – Are there height limitations? – What are the application fees? – What foundation specifications do I need? – What are the colors allowed? to mention a number of requirements.
2. I talk a lot to customers and I know one of the biggest questions on their mind is how easy is to put together the shed. Can you tell our customers how easy the Spanbilt sheds are to assemble?
All garden sheds (storage solution) in kit form require a certain amount
of construction and 2 person assembly is highly recommended. The feedback your customers have given us is they are not looking for gimmicky designs or joining connection substitutes.
They are looking for tried and tested, simple-to-build, long-lasting steel sheds that have pre-punched holes that line up so they are easy
to screw together. Armed with this no-nonsense feedback we have recently have undertaken a complete overhaul of our YARDSAVER range of garden sheds and what we’ve delivered is a product that is simple to build and still offers quality and value for money.
Each YardSaver storage solution comes with easy to follow step by step
instruction manuals. All YardSaver garden sheds use the no non-sense
FASTTRAK screw together assembly method that is ‘simple, strong, quick and easy.’
Also available and listed on the back of each assembly manual is a free call
building advice helpline that can assist with any concerns or if guidance required.
3. I know Spanbilt is working on some exciting changes and improvements in the background. Can you give some insights to Cheap Sheds customers on those?
The marketplace is intensely competitive and consumers have a variety of
choices when deciding their preference. Spanbilt has been working very
hard in the last couple of years reviewing all our buildings and investing in
engineering & design improvements to improve the quality of our buildings and their finish as well as making it easier for the consumer, builder, or installer to construct.
A number of these programs are now available to the customer to buy
including our Portal frame garage range released earlier this year and now the new YardSaver range which has undergone probably the largest overhaul of any of our ranges in many years. Example of the changes and improvement to our YardSaver range include:
- Minimum wall heights are now 1800mm for easy entry and exit.
- Fasttrak ease of assembly for a simple construction method, that lines up and works.
- 5 new models introduced into the range to ensure there are sizes and styles to suit most outdoor storage needs.
- Quality materials that carry 15-year replacement parts warranty for added peace of mind.
- Neat finishing trim on roof corners and gable end caps that makes your shed look a quality shed
- YardSaver has just launched a Flooring Kit solution for the range. It is constructed from very strong durable heavy-duty galvanized steel framing screwed together that can have plywood or slats attached to create the floor surface. This is ideal for semi-permanent installations for non-level surfaces. They can also be used in conjunction with a road base or as a frame for concrete formwork.
- YardSaver garden shed sheetings have been tested by the James Cook University in Townsville and certified for use in cyclonic zones with an upgrade kit.
But this is just the beginning of the journey, we have been investing heavily in consumer research, design, and development and recognize that the environment is changing and consumer needs are changing so development and innovation are table stakes for Australian manufacturing to continue to thrive. So watch this space for further product developments in 2011 /2012.
4. How do you see Spanbilt’s future in the Australian shed market?
As I just said it’s critical we stay close to the customers and recognize
development opportunities, this is something the imported manufacturers
can’t or shouldn’t do as well as us, because we live here and we are part of the Australian community, typically they will be later to market with an imitation once the opportunities are developed.
We are confident that we can compete against the likes of China with this sort of manufacturing and deliver a really competitive solution that we genuinely believe offers greater value but it is never easy and we need to remain across technology and trends that give us an advantage.
This spring, Spanbilt will be defining the brands we manufacture to aid the
industry and market segments we are supporting.
- YardSaver will represent our core offering in the outdoor storage category delivering added value without extra cost.
- Our YardPro range will continue to provide exceptional value Carports, Workshops, and Garages
- The new Smartbild range will deliver for the more premium customer an easy to build portal frame building with a full colour range of garages & carports.
Also following recent partnering with a professional national freight provider we will be able to extend the direct to customer home delivery option to a vast majority of regional centers around Australia.
So to sum up Spanbilt is an Australian manufacturer of quality affordable storage solutions designed, and built for life. Our products provide an easy assembly experience without the gimmicks giving our customers added value without added cost.