Many professionals and manuals will recommend you need a concrete slab to build you garden shed on. It is the most ideal flooring, however, Laying a concrete slab is not an option for everyone. If you are renting, don’t have enough access to your property for a mixer truck or whatever your reason may be, there is an alternative solution for the base of your garden shed.
We have two recommended options for you other than concrete, which is just as great, if not better:
1. Steel flooring kits
2. Timber (wooden) flooring kits
So let’s get started …
Steel flooring kits
YardSaver Flooring Kit
These steel flooring kits offer an attractive option to customers who are looking for a solution that elevates their shed off the ground, however, is not as permanent as a concrete slab.
Here are the benefits of choosing this option:
- Steel lasts for a lifetime
- You will never have issues with rot or termites
- Steel kits can be moved around easily and offer a cost effective flooring option
- These kits are quick and easy to put together
We even have a step-by-step ‘how to’ video on assembling the kit that you are welcomed to check out to see for yourself how easy they are constructed.
Please watch the video below:
Timber (wooden) flooring kit
The second option available to you is Timber floor kits and we have two different kinds of Cheap Sheds, Absco’s Timber floor kits & Stilla Timber Floor kit.
Absco’s Timber floor kits
Absco Timber floor kits are available for different Absco shed models and are Made out of good quality timber. It is considered to be the environmentally friendly option because it is made from 100% Australian renewable plantation grown timber.
Here are the benefits of choosing this option if you have an Absco shed:
- This flooring kit elevates the shed higher than the ground to prevent water from seeping under
- It can be used as a temporary flooring solution or can be set as a permanent floor
- The timber is pre-treated giving continued protection from fungal, decomposition and pests
- The kit can be painted or stained to give it a personal touch
- It is a multipurpose product that you can utilise indoors, outdoors, above or underground and even with immediate proximity to salt or fresh water
- It is easy to assemble as it is cut to length and all screws are included
A single pack contains pre-cut and pre-measured timber floor suitable for a shed measuring 1520mm x 780mm.
|Shed Size||# of Packs Required|
|1520 x 780||
|1520 x 1520||
|2260 x 1520||
|3000 x 1520||
|3000 x 2260||
|3000 x 3000||
|4480 x 3000||
|6000 x 3000||
Stilla Timber Floor kit
These are a bit different to the Absco, you can now purchase rebated wooden floor kits for any steel shed in our range. The Stilla floor kits are pre-designed to fit most designs but you can even request a customer made one.
This product has the same benefits of an Absco Timber kit except the fact you can order one even after you have purchased your shed instead of at the same time which is very convenient. They also come with 10 years warranty!
And that’s it for your alternative foundation options! To find out more about these awesome floor kit options visit
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or call our team.